Unity of Las Vegas + Unity Center in the Valley
August 20, 2017: Both congregations voted unanimously for the merger and the legal merger documents were signed.
August 6, 2017: The 9:00 am Sunday service moved back to Rainbow, and we are all under one roof at last. Another church will be using the Warm Springs space on Sunday mornings.
July 30, 2017: The final Sunday service at the Warm Springs location will be Sunday, July 30, 2017. The 9:00 am service will be moving back to Unity of Las Vegas, Rainbow location, on Sunday, August 6, 2017.
July 13, 2017: Two board members from Unity Center in the Valley joined the Unity of Las Vegas Board for the first joint Board Meeting.
July 3, 2017: The Presidents of both boards and Rev. Shad met with an attorney to begin the process of drawing up a legal merger plan to be voted on by the congregations and boards in the next few months.
June 19, 2017: Members at both locations have begun an inventory of physical assets in preparation for the move to one location.
May 28, 2017: Sunday 9:00 am service moved to Warm Springs location.
May 24, 2017: Rev. Shad and Erinna Groverland began office hours at Unity of Las Vegas - Warm Springs.
May 20, 2017: The Board of Trustees at Unity Center in the Valley voted yes to the terms of the merger.
- The name of the combined congregation will be Unity of Las Vegas.
- The non-profit entity of Unity Center in the Valley will be wound up over the coming months.
- Rev. Shad Groverland, Erinna Groverland, and Johnn Jones will be minister, administrator, and music director, respectively, of both locations.
- Two current Unity Center in the Valley board members will be added to the current board of Unity of Las Vegas.
- All physical and financial assets and liabilities of Unity Center in the Valley will be transferred to Unity of Las Vegas in accordance with organization bylaws, Nevada state laws, and the guidelines of Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- All voting members at Unity Center in the Valley will be transferred as voting members of Unity of Las Vegas, under the Unity of Las Vegas terms of membership.
- Beginning May 28, 2017 through August 6, 2017 (tentative date), the Unity of Las Vegas 9:00 am service will be held at the Warm Springs location to provide a transition period for the members at Warm Springs to join the congregation at Rainbow.
- When the leases at both locations end, our intention is to find a new, more central location for the combined congregation of Unity of Las Vegas.
May 9, 2017: Unity Center in the Valley minister of 10 years, Rev. Sophia Falke, retired.
April 23, 2017: Unity Center in the Valley congregation voted to merge with Unity of Las Vegas.
March 5, 2017: Representatives from the Unity Center in the Valley board and congregation met with the leadership of Unity of Las Vegas to discuss the interest and possibility of a merger.